Under the auspices of North Yorkshire Open Studios, Bridget Tempest will lead a guided walk and drawing workshop through the moorland of Broughton, on Monday August 14. Bridget will be accompanied by botanist Judith Allinson, who will also be leading the walk and highlighting interesting information about the flora and moorland landscape. Bridget Tempest is […]
Tag Archives | Workshop
At this time of year of spring and new growth, we may be thinking about changes we want to make in our lives and looking to make choices for personal development. In this workshop, Laura will lead you through guided writing activities to help you find clarity in approaching fresh challenges and ideas for new […]
Come and spend the day learning this wonderful technique – a lovely tool to use on family friends. A very gentle massage of the hands head and feet which creates an environment to just ‘be’. You will learn to give a session and also receive one. We will have a look at how the work […]
Writing is good for you! Writing for Wellbeing uses guided writing activities as a gentle approach to personal growth. A developing body of research shows that expressive writing helps calm the mind and emotions, and increases feelings of happiness and wellbeing. These writing activities are tools which you can take away with you to use […]
Totally Socially brings together social enterprises, small businesses, independent traders and community groups from across Yorkshire to celebrate the great work they do in their communities and to inspire people to use enterprise as a way of bringing about positive change. Our speakers on July 10 will be Nick Temple, Deputy Chief Executive of Social […]
The Little Yoga Company invite you to their latest workshop being run at Ampleforth Abbey – 5th-7th June. Narayani and Mat Baker are a husband and wife team share a love and passion for devotional music, kirtan and the practice of Bhakti Yoga. They travel throughout the UK and Europe offering their music and voice […]
Here’s a very unusual workshop, one that we’ve not seen advertised before: join historical tiler Karen Slade and try your hand at making your own collection of medieval tiles. Taking inspiration from the medieval tiles at Byland Abbey, you will draft you own pattern for your collection of four tiles and then work in clay […]
How can social media help to get you on the map and raising more money for your organisation? A training workshop for voluntary and community organisations looking to learn more about social media and how it can maximise your fundraising potential and raise the profile of your organisation. Social Media Workshop in association with Localgiving […]
A new adult acting class is starting at The Friends Meeting House in Pickering and students will have the opportunity to learn from professional actor and director Mark Stratton. Mark is a graduate of the Mountview Theatre School in London and has vast experience across many areas of theatre and television, playing many diverse roles. […]
Do you feel that you can’t love your body until it’s good enough? Spend an enjoyable, friendly day finding out about what loving your body really means – whatever your age, shape or size. The day-long workshop will be led by Erica Rose, a Helmsley-based Physical Therapist registered with the Health Professions Council. Erica specialises […]
- Bill Oldfield: Cannot believe that there is not a host of comment...
- John Dean: To Rob, On Friday afternoon I much appreciated ...
- Lee: Thanks Jean....
- Jean Richards: Thanks Lee, sorry about the delay, holidays get in...
- Suzie: Truly amazing artwork...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010
- An evening of ghost stories at York Cold War Bunker October 19, 2017
- New voyage of discovery for HM Bark Endeavour, the full-scale replica of Captain Cook’s ship October 19, 2017
- October half term at Beck Isle Museum October 17, 2017
- Ryedale pupils behind new basketball facility October 16, 2017
- Coach trips to music, with the WEA October 16, 2017