Continuing our occasional series of things to do and see on a day out. Recently we spent a day taking a train journey from York to Leeds, Leeds to Carlisle, Carlisle to Newcastle, and Newcastle back to York. On hearing of our plan, a friend asked “Whatever for?” If that’s your reaction, return to the […]
Tag Archives | Trains
If you are planning a visit to Malton during October or November 2014, and especially if you plan to take a train from Malton Station, note that Network Rail is replacing track in the Malton area during this period, and some disruption is inevitable. This work is essential for the smooth running of passenger services. […]
The perfect day out for boys big and small to look at trains big and small! Whitby and District Model Railway Club holds its annual show at Goathland village hall next weekend, and of course you can get there most easily by train from Pickering. Girls could go on to Whitby for a bit of […]
The North Yorkshire Moors Railway (NYMR) is delighted to announce that work commenced on the second platform at Whitby Station on Monday 3rd March 2014. The scheme, developed by the NYMR in partnership with Network Rail (and running under the NYMR’s project management), involves an investment of over £2m in Whitby’s railway facilities. The scheme […]
After contacting Kirkbymoorside History Group via the Blog, the KHG has been helping retired scientist, Dr Sue Oldfield, publish a book about her grandfather, James Herbert Dobson, Station Master of Kirkbymoorside’s train station. Among the family papers that Sue inherited were various documents of railway and local interest along with drafts of articles that Herbert had […]
Following on from the poem written by J H Dobson about Kirkby and its residents, the history group was contacted by his grand-daughter. As a result of several discussions, she is currently writing a book about Mr Dobson, who worked at Kirby Station and wrote not only poetry but also a series of articles. These articles […]
- keith: No it never happened, well not in daylight hours, ...
- Jim Rivis: Does anyone have any evidence that this occured or...
- Rose White: Tesco's are supposed to be selling their 'surplu...
- Lesley: If it wasn't for visitors the yearly Christmas ...
- Jean Richards: Agree entirely that littering is a problem that ne...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010
- Tourism businesses invited to gather to celebrate activities and achievements on the North York Moors Coast February 21, 2018
- Job Opportunity – Buildings and Grounds Officer, Ryedale Folk Museum February 21, 2018
- Considerable interest in Fracking debate – 8th March February 21, 2018
- Folk museum are recruiting February 19, 2018
- Leopards, Lilies, and Lineage: a talk February 19, 2018