2017 marks 100 years since Rievaulx Abbey was taken in to the care of the state. You can now discover the most recent century of the abbey through a showcase of never before seen imagery and artefacts. Explore the transfer of the site into guardianship, the people, the process, the change – and how this […]
Tag Archives | Rievaulx
English Heritage has been advertising widely an event at Rievaulx Abbey called Brocken Spectre – an Evening of Light and Sound. As well as advertisements in the press, there was a leaflet drop today in Kirkbymoorside, so I think most people likely to be interested will already know about this event. But nowhere does the […]
Every dog has his day at Rievaulx Terrace on September 4th.
The aim of our occasional Out and About series is to highlight lesser known places and things to visit in the local area that you might have overlooked. So, you wonder, where does Rievaulx Abbey come in when it’s well known as one of the great monastic ruins of the north? I’ve always thought that […]
Since Rievaulx’s foundation in the 12th century by a community of monks, the abbey has stood witness to key developments in English history, from medieval Cistercian life to the Dissolution of the Monasteries and the Picturesque and Romantic artistic movements. Now in the care of English Heritage, the atmospheric ruins and landscape evoke the lost […]
From Mollie Dodd, General Manager, Nunnington Hall and Rievaulx Terrace I can’t believe I only joined the National Trust in November, how it’s flown by! As always it’s a team effort and a big thank you to all our staff, volunteers and other supporters who have helped us in many varied ways this year, from […]
Continuing our occasional series of less well known things to do and see this summer. Rievaulx Abbey is one of the great romantic ruins of Britain, and on any must-see list for visitors to our area. Rievaulx Terrace is very much in its shadow (although actually above), and visited much less, but does repay a […]
- Erica and Nigel Carr: Thank you very much...
- Jean Richards: I fear you are too late, but you could check with ...
- Erica and Nigel Carr: Hi, we have just purchased a tree holder, is it po...
- Jean barnes: You can have a table for your crafts or brick a br...
- Keith: Hi Adrian Wright ,do you do copies for sale of you...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010
- The Man Who Invented Christmas: Exclusive Q&A with Miriam Margolyes December 13, 2017
- Ryedale School host senior citizens Christmas Party December 12, 2017
- NYMR launches major appeal following HLF award December 12, 2017
- Volunteer Job Opportunities at Citizens Advice office in Ryedale December 12, 2017
- No Dig gardening guru comes to York December 12, 2017
Kirkbymoorside on Pinterest
- Ford Focus seen driving dangerously at Christmas lights switch-on
- Major fire closes part of A64
- Anti-fracking protester sentenced for blocking Habton Road and failing to attend court
- Hospital's tribute to 'caring' young doctor Alex Boorman
- Attacker banged woman's head against floor in 'appalling assault'