English Heritage has been advertising widely an event at Rievaulx Abbey called Brocken Spectre – an Evening of Light and Sound. As well as advertisements in the press, there was a leaflet drop today in Kirkbymoorside, so I think most people likely to be interested will already know about this event. But nowhere does the […]
Tag Archives | Rievaulx
Every dog has his day at Rievaulx Terrace on September 4th.
The aim of our occasional Out and About series is to highlight lesser known places and things to visit in the local area that you might have overlooked. So, you wonder, where does Rievaulx Abbey come in when it’s well known as one of the great monastic ruins of the north? I’ve always thought that […]
Since Rievaulx’s foundation in the 12th century by a community of monks, the abbey has stood witness to key developments in English history, from medieval Cistercian life to the Dissolution of the Monasteries and the Picturesque and Romantic artistic movements. Now in the care of English Heritage, the atmospheric ruins and landscape evoke the lost […]
From Mollie Dodd, General Manager, Nunnington Hall and Rievaulx Terrace I can’t believe I only joined the National Trust in November, how it’s flown by! As always it’s a team effort and a big thank you to all our staff, volunteers and other supporters who have helped us in many varied ways this year, from […]
Continuing our occasional series of less well known things to do and see this summer. Rievaulx Abbey is one of the great romantic ruins of Britain, and on any must-see list for visitors to our area. Rievaulx Terrace is very much in its shadow (although actually above), and visited much less, but does repay a […]
- Jim Rivis: One wonders at the motivations and to what extent ...
- admin: Because he owns the land and none of them had TPOs...
- Jim Rivis: Why are trees being removed if planning permission...
- Barrie @ railwayblogger: Looks like a great family day out - I only wish I ...
- D.Birch: When the contractor was removing the trees some of...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010