Visiting the site around 3pm I was surprised to see the security fencing being locked and the last worker about to leave. Jokily asking if everyone had headed off to the beach to enjoy the sunshine the response was not one I was expecting. Find out what had happened by visiting the Ravenswick Hall website.
Tag Archives | Ravenswick Hall
At last, after months of anticipation, the first signs of activity at Ravenswick Hall. Of course before any building work begins there is site clearance and that is what I witnessed this morning. Daniel, from Poland, was working hard demolishing the wall in front of the staff house and putting the good stone in pallets, […]
A new country house, which has been approved by Ryedale District Council, will be the first of its kind in Yorkshire for 200 years. Ravenswick Hall, a large country house near Kirkbymoorside, will be demolished to make way for the new building. The hall, which sits derelict on a site north of the town, was […]
Kirkbymoorside Town Council have an agenda item on their next planning meeting which is to review: Demolition of Ravenswick Hall together with adjacent lodge and majority of associated outbuildings and former agricultural buildings and erection of a replacement 10 no.bedroom country house and associated buildings, inc. leisure building, service building, detached quadruple garage, gatehouse, pool […]
- Jean Richards: A good start would be to find a way of stopping st...
- Jean Richards: Agree entirely, though I fear the sort of people w...
- Neil Bye: If it gets people out on the moor enjoying the exe...
- David Brotherton: I remember comming with my family to visit my fath...
- D.Birch: Is the name for this art installation "Man with a...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010
- York Guildhall Orchestra concert, October 14 September 22, 2017
- Kirkbymoorside Wool Crafters September 22, 2017
- REMINDER – Please vote for Kirkbymoorside in Bloom September 22, 2017
- Get your apples juiced for free September 21, 2017
- October walks with Ryedale Walking Group September 21, 2017