Already it’s time again to start thinking about the Christmas cards. If you want to use “international economy” (which we used to call surface mail) to “Australia, New Zealand and all other non-European destinations (except Middle East, South Africa, Far East, USA and Canada” you’ve missed by a mile, as the last posting date was September […]
Tag Archives | Post Office
December is here, and Christmas cards have started popping through the mail box, so don’t forget that you can recycle those used postage stamps for a good cause, namely Children in Distress. Snip them off the envelope and drop them in the box on the counter in the shop in Kirkby market place. Envelopes can […]
Last posting dates for Christmas have a nasty habit of sneaking past you while you are still thinking about buying the cards, so take note! The last dates for “international economy mail” (what we used to call surface mail) are long gone (the earliest was September 28, would you believe?). Last dates for overseas air […]
The Kirkbymoorside Post Office will have new opening hours from Monday April 6, longer on Mondays and Wednesdays, and shorter on Saturdays. The new opening hours will be 8.30 am to 5.30 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays, 9.00 am to 5.30 pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, and 9.00 am to 1.30 pm on Saturdays. […]
Last posting dates for Christmas have a nasty habit of sneaking past you while you are still thinking about buying the cards, so take note! The last dates for “international economy mail” (what we used to call surface mail) are long gone (the earliest was September 29, would you believe?). Last dates for overseas air […]
The renovated Post Office in the Market Place reopened on schedule yesterday with a bright shiny new look, longer hours, and the same friendly service.
You may have seen the poster when visiting the Post Office recently outlining changes are afoot. Our local post office will be modernised as part of a three year investment programme which will see 6, 0000 branches upgraded to provide – ‘a more modern and convenient retail experience’. Note to do the refurbishment will mean […]
All of a sudden the threat – sorry, promise – of Christmas is all around us, and we need to start thinking about posting cards and presents. The last posting dates for surface mail to all parts of the world except Western Europe have already past; the last date for Christmas surface mail to Europe […]
The following story was highlighted in the Gazette & Herald this week – Kirkbymoorside Town Council is to make representations to Ryedale District Council to allow library staff to be able to issue parking permits. The town council heard last week that the staff would be happy to do so – but one snag is […]
- Erica and Nigel Carr: Thank you very much...
- Jean Richards: I fear you are too late, but you could check with ...
- Erica and Nigel Carr: Hi, we have just purchased a tree holder, is it po...
- Jean barnes: You can have a table for your crafts or brick a br...
- Keith: Hi Adrian Wright ,do you do copies for sale of you...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010
- The Man Who Invented Christmas: Exclusive Q&A with Miriam Margolyes December 13, 2017
- Ryedale School host senior citizens Christmas Party December 12, 2017
- NYMR launches major appeal following HLF award December 12, 2017
- Volunteer Job Opportunities at Citizens Advice office in Ryedale December 12, 2017
- No Dig gardening guru comes to York December 12, 2017
Kirkbymoorside on Pinterest
- Ford Focus seen driving dangerously at Christmas lights switch-on
- Major fire closes part of A64
- Anti-fracking protester sentenced for blocking Habton Road and failing to attend court
- Hospital's tribute to 'caring' young doctor Alex Boorman
- Attacker banged woman's head against floor in 'appalling assault'