Following our two pieces on the Man on the Moors sculpture (July 2 and September 6), and the flurry (by blog standards) of responses they provoked, readers may be interested in the following comments, abridged with permission from an article by Ian Carstairs, President of the North Yorkshire Moors Association, in the Autumn 2017 edition […]
Tag Archives | North Yorkshire Moors Association
Applications are now open for a Conservation Award, which is made biennially and recognises efforts to protect biodiversity or vernacular architecture in the North York Moors. An award of £500 is made to the winning entry, funded jointly by the North Yorkshire Moors Association and the National Park Authority. Applications are now invited from individuals, […]
The 19th century ironstone mining and railway developments on the North York Moors have left an indelible signature on our landscape. THIS EXPLOITED LAND (‘TEL’) is a partnership of community and statutory organisations, led by the North York Moors National Park Authority; established to preserve that landscape and tell its trailblazing story. In autumn 2013, […]
Next weekend (December 6-7) already has two walks on offer, one with the Ryedale Walking Group on Saturday, and one with the Ramblers on Sunday, but if you’d like a further option, here it is. On Saturday December 6, the North Yorkshire Moors Association is organising a 7 mile walk from the Moors Centre at […]
Yes, we know that the great adventurer Captain James Cook came from Great Ayton, but have you ever been there to explore this pretty village and look at its links with Captain Cook? The North Yorkshire Moors Association has arranged an afternoon’s guided walk that does just that. Meet at All Saints, Great Ayton’s 12th […]
- Keith: Hi Adrian Wright ,do you do copies for sale of you...
- Christine Bradley: Hi Adrian, just visited our exhibition at the NY ...
- Gill: Hi visited your exhibition at the weekend.loved yo...
- denis holmes: H;I, Adrian, was at your exhibit...
- Adrian wright: Hi I’m adrian Wright glad you like my work, give...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010