From the North Yorkshire Moors Railway: Join us for our NEW bigger and better 60s Fest where you will get the chance to head back in time to the swinging sixties with events up and down the railway. You will be transported to Memphis with Levisham becoming Elvisham, Goathland once known as Aidensfield of Heartbeat […]
Tag Archives | North Yorks Moors Railway
From the North Yorkshire Moors Railway: A new book, “The North Yorkshire Moors Railway and The Esk Valley Line, Past and Present” by John Hunt is available to order now. This is a Subscribers’ Edition release available only on pre-order. This fascinating book takes you on a past and present comparative journey from Whitby to […]
This year the North Yorkshire Moors Railway celebrates 50 years since the formation of the charitable Trust (1967 – 2017)* and to set the wheels in motion for this anniversary year, they will be giving away an anniversary gift for passengers that travel along the line (pending availability). The NYMR is one of the earliest […]
On 6 March 1965 the railway route between Grosmont and Rillington, near Malton, was closed by British Railways under the infamous “Beeching Axe”. Next weekend the North Yorkshire Moors Railway (NYMR) is planning to mark the 50th anniversary of this monumental event which in 1973 would see a group of enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers re-open […]
Dame Vera Lynn? A wonderful woman, forces’ sweetheart and so forth, but a good cause? No, we’re not talking about the great lady herself, but the steam engine that bears her name. The Fight for Vera group at the North Yorkshire Moors Railway is appealing for funds and volunteers to get this locomotive, which has […]
27th – 29th September and 4th – 6th October Autumn sees the North Yorkshire Moors Railway (NYMR) carry on its 40th Anniversary celebrations with not one, but two weekends of intense steam traction to look forward to. The NYMR will be holding its annual Autumn Steam Gala (27-29 September) with a great selection of locomotives […]
Announced at a ceremony in London for the 2012 National Railway Heritage Awards, the North Yorkshire Moors Railway has received the Ian Allan Publishing Award for the best overall entry in the competition for the “Train of Thought” project to restore Pickering station to its former glory. The “Train of Thought” project had at its […]
Continuing our occasional series of less well known things to do and see. So we’ve put back the clocks, the days get shorter, the weather gets worse, and we are thinking of the occasional quick trip out on a sunny afternoon, rather than taking off for the whole day. If you’re still looking for time […]
- Rosemary Pearman: Do you have any records, concerning the polio outb...
- Lee Le Clercq: I visited this artwork at the weekend. How on ea...
- Martin Watts: I think he looks rather good in the pictures altho...
- Jean Richards: Well done Bils & Rye for this new take on art ...
- admin: I'm not sure if I can be described as the 'arty-...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010
- Two local gardens open for charity July 24, 2017
- Beadlam Tractor Run raises over £100,000 for Yorkshire Air Ambulance July 24, 2017
- Vandalism strikes NYMR July 23, 2017
- Slow broadband? You are not alone July 23, 2017
- August walks with the Ramblers July 23, 2017
Kirkbymoorside on Pinterest
- 3 people arrested after cannabis plants found in property
- York teenager jailed for life for murder of Shaun Skelton - victim had 70 'horrific' wounds - attacked with kitchen knife, hammer and screwdriver
- Walk reveals hidden smuggling secrets
- 'Wonderful day out' in store at Ryedale Show
- Right royal award for girl guide Alice, 25