To celebrate Wimbledon, The Hovingham Village Market and Hovingham Tennis Club are sponsoring free tennis coaching for children from 5 to 11 years old. One hour coaching sessions are available from 10.30 am. to 1.30 pm. on Saturday July 1, with Damian Galloway, a Lawn Tennis Association Level 3 tennis coach. Pre booking is essential and […]
Tag Archives | Hovingham
On Saturday 4th June, visitors to Hovingham have a unique opportunity to visit both the monthly village Market and Hovingham Hall. This Palladian Hall, childhood home of Katharine Worsley, Duchess of Kent, was designed and built by Thomas Worsley between 1750 and 1770, and is open to the public each year for the month of […]
Here’s a report from the BBC local news of a very strange theft: A carved stone dating from the Anglo-Saxon period has been stolen from a North Yorkshire church. The artefact was displayed in a window recess in All Saints Church in Hovingham, near Malton. Originally part of a stone cross, it dates from the […]
Hovingham village will be humming with activity this weekend, with the usual monthly market on Saturday , and a ‘Flowers & Music Festival – a celebration of village life’ running from Friday to Sunday, raising funds for the Hovingham Church Roof Appeal. On Friday there is a Festival preview from 6.30 to 8.30 pm with […]
Hovingham Village Market is in action again from this coming Saturday, after a short winter break. The market operates on the first Saturday of every month, with a Christmas extra in December. In case that leaves you in any doubt, here are the dates:
The last of the Hovingham village markets for the year will take place on Saturday, December 20. A Christmas special market, this should be a great place to pick up some last minute presents, or stock the larder with goodies, while supporting local traders. The market opens at 10.30 am, and there’s plenty of on-street […]
Have you ever wondered, as you drive through Hovingham, what’s behind those massive doors to Hovingham Hall? Well, now is your chance to find out, but you have to be quick. The Hall is open to the public for a brief period each year, and the time is now: daily until June 28, from 12.30 […]
Hovingham Hall is maintaining its long link with horses by opening its doors for a Grand Charity Auction in support of an organisation which re-trains and re-homes former racehorses. The Palladian house was built between 1750 and 1770 by Thomas Worsley to his own design and is unique in being entered through the Riding School. […]
From the Hovingham Market Group We are grateful for the support of shoppers and users of the Café and grateful also for the support of all the stall holders both regular and occasional. Sincere thanks also to the over 100 volunteers who have staffed the Cafés and helped to set up and take down the […]
Blink and you’ve missed it, Hovingham Hall is open to the public only for a short period each year and the time is now: to be precise, until June 28, 12.30pm to 4.30pm daily, normally on guided tours only (last admission 3.30pm). Admission is £8.50 (adult). Hovingham Hall is one of a number of stately […]
Have you ever wondered, as you drive through Hovingham, what’s behind those massive doors to Hovingham Hall? Well, now is your chance to find out, but you have to be quick. The Hall is open to the public for a brief period each year, and the time is now: daily from June 1 to 28, […]
From Jean Richards If, like me until today, you’ve not been to Hovingham village market, do give it a try, it’s well worth the short drive. We fell into conversation with someone who comes every month from Scarborough, and told us that other folk come from even further afield, so it must have something going […]
A London-based property firm has earmarked a picture-postcard North Yorkshire village as the site for its “flagship” development in the region. Yoo Capital is looking to build 24 “bespoke” homes through a scheme called The Pastures in Hovingham, as part of a collaboration with Leeds developer Trilandium Homes. The companies are also planning to build 26 […]
This is a short film about the Hovingham Green Market – a multi-award winning market held on the first Saturday of every month. Despite the freezing weather last weekend it is clear this is a vibrant and sustainable enterprise that Mark Woolley, the founder and chair, has created along with the help of many volunteers. […]
- Rosemary Pearman: Do you have any records, concerning the polio outb...
- Lee Le Clercq: I visited this artwork at the weekend. How on ea...
- Martin Watts: I think he looks rather good in the pictures altho...
- Jean Richards: Well done Bils & Rye for this new take on art ...
- admin: I'm not sure if I can be described as the 'arty-...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010
- Two local gardens open for charity July 24, 2017
- Beadlam Tractor Run raises over £100,000 for Yorkshire Air Ambulance July 24, 2017
- Vandalism strikes NYMR July 23, 2017
- Slow broadband? You are not alone July 23, 2017
- August walks with the Ramblers July 23, 2017
Kirkbymoorside on Pinterest
- 3 people arrested after cannabis plants found in property
- York teenager jailed for life for murder of Shaun Skelton - victim had 70 'horrific' wounds - attacked with kitchen knife, hammer and screwdriver
- Walk reveals hidden smuggling secrets
- 'Wonderful day out' in store at Ryedale Show
- Right royal award for girl guide Alice, 25