From Kirkby Fruit Project: In a few weeks time we will be gathering scions ready for grafting from the heritage apple trees around the area. We only graft trees to order now, so if you would like to buy one of the daughter trees next autumn, you need to get your name on the waiting […]
Tag Archives | Heritage
Old maps show that Kirkbymoorside used to have numerous orchards and was a thriving fruit growing area. Over the years almost all of the old orchards have disappeared so we are now left with just a small number of very old trees which are coming to the end of their lives. The Kirkby Fruit Project, […]
The sun has shone once or twice recently and it seemed like a good time to resume our occasional series of less well known things to do and see. I didn’t expect to be posting this item on such a wet and miserable night, but the sun will shine again. So… Markenfield Hall? I confess […]
The History Group has recently bought an old notebook which belonged to Mr C W Smith from Harome. He was obviously involved with the Methodist movement as the book has records of services and sermons given throughout the circuit back in the 1850s. The problem is that he has used what is believed to be […]
You’ll need a spare hour to start with, and probably a cup of tea, to digest this BBC programme. It’s an inspiring combination of community spirit, food lovers, renewable energy and heritage, and it all happened in Bedale which is just over an hours drive from Kirkbymoorside. Locally, Yorkshire Organic Millers are producing organic flour […]
- keith: No it never happened, well not in daylight hours, ...
- Jim Rivis: Does anyone have any evidence that this occured or...
- Rose White: Tesco's are supposed to be selling their 'surplu...
- Lesley: If it wasn't for visitors the yearly Christmas ...
- Jean Richards: Agree entirely that littering is a problem that ne...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010
- Tourism businesses invited to gather to celebrate activities and achievements on the North York Moors Coast February 21, 2018
- Job Opportunity – Buildings and Grounds Officer, Ryedale Folk Museum February 21, 2018
- Considerable interest in Fracking debate – 8th March February 21, 2018
- Folk museum are recruiting February 19, 2018
- Leopards, Lilies, and Lineage: a talk February 19, 2018