People are to be offered the chance to climb part of the scaffolding at York Minster to look at restoration work close up. Visitors will get to see work on the cathedral’s South Quire Aisle, some 98ft (30m) above ground. There will also be opportunities to meet the people responsible for the maintenance and conservation […]
Tag Archives | Heritage Open Days
Heritage Open Days is England’s largest festival of history and culture, bringing together over 2,500 organisations, 5,000 events and 40,000 volunteers. Every year for four days in September, places across the country throw open their doors to celebrate their heritage, community and history. It’s your chance to see hidden places and try out new experiences […]
Have you ever wondered how York Minster was built? Or how a building of its scale and splendour is protected and maintained? On Friday 9 September York Minster’s famous Stoneyard will open its doors to the public as part of the national Heritage Open Days scheme, England’s biggest heritage festival. See the Minster’s stonemasons, carvers […]
Celebrate England’s architecture and culture at this year’s Heritage Open Days (10 – 13 September) where you can take advantage of free access to places that usually charge for admission or are closed to the public. This year’s highlights nearby include: * Nunnington Hall and Rievaulx Terrace (both 10-11) * The History of Skinningrove (10-13) […]
Heritage Open Days celebrates England’s fantastic architecture and culture by offering free access to places that are usually closed to the public or normally charge for admission. Every year on four days in September, buildings of every age, style and function throw open their doors. It is a once-a-year chance to discover architectural treasures and […]
- Keith: Hi Adrian Wright ,do you do copies for sale of you...
- Christine Bradley: Hi Adrian, just visited our exhibition at the NY ...
- Gill: Hi visited your exhibition at the weekend.loved yo...
- denis holmes: H;I, Adrian, was at your exhibit...
- Adrian wright: Hi I’m adrian Wright glad you like my work, give...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010