From the York Guildhall Orchestra: Having ended our last season on a high with a ‘Proms Extravaganza’ we shall begin our new season on October 14th in similar mood with the fizzing Carnaval Romain Overture by Berlioz. The famous, Faure Pavane will follow and the first half will culminate with a performance of Bartok’s 3rd […]
Tag Archives | Guildhall Orchestra
From the York Guildhall Orchestra: In our final concert of the season, we shall present a ‘Proms’ style event with lots of the kind of music one would expect, including the Fantasia on British Sea Songs arranged by Sir Henry Wood, Pomp and Circumstance, Jerusalem and Rule Britannia. The first half will be a little […]
York Guildhall Orchestra gives the final concert of its 2015-16 season next month. The programme comprises: Rossini – Overture to La Scala di Seta (The Silken Ladder) Bizet – Carmen Suite Haydn – Concerto for Trumpet in Eb, soloist: Alison Balsom Bach (orchestrated by Stokowski) – Toccata and Fugue in D minor Mussorgsky (orchestrated by […]
The 36th season of the City of York Guildhall Orchestra promises to be one of the very best. The Orchestra will be welcoming five soloists spread across three concerts, continuing its series of Sibelius Symphonies along with Schubert’s Unfinished Symphony, three Rossini Overtures, Stravinski’s Firebird Suite, Mussorgski’s Pictures at an Exhibition, and concerti by Beethoven, […]
York Guildhall Orchestra’s next concert, on Saturday May 16th, will feature four well-known and popular pieces of music, and an internationally acclaimed soloist. The Orchestra is delighted that Craig Ogden is joining them to play the hugely popular Guitar Concerto by Joaquin Rodrigo. Australian born, Craig is one of the most exciting artists of his […]
The York Guildhall Orchestra opens its 35th season next Saturday, October 16, with a concert featuring two pieces by Mendelssohn and two by Sibelius. The orchestra continues its journey though the works of Sibelius with his second symphony, and one of his smaller tone poems The Swan of Tuonela. The Mendelssohn pieces are the Overture […]
First concert of the season by the York Guildhall Orchestra will take place this Saturday, October 19, at the Barbican in York. The programme comprises Tchaikovsky’s Polonaise & Waltz from Eugine Onegin, Prokofiev’s Piano Concerto No. 3, and Rachmaninov’s Symphony No 2. Soloist for the Piano Concerto is Alessandro Taverna who was a finalist in […]
The York Guildhall Orchestra has announced its concert programme for the coming year. Conductor Simon Wright says: “Our 34th season sees us start a new journey through a cycle of symphonies. Following on from last year’s conclusion of playing all of Mahler’s symphonies, this season will see us commence a trip through all of the […]
- Erica and Nigel Carr: Thank you very much...
- Jean Richards: I fear you are too late, but you could check with ...
- Erica and Nigel Carr: Hi, we have just purchased a tree holder, is it po...
- Jean barnes: You can have a table for your crafts or brick a br...
- Keith: Hi Adrian Wright ,do you do copies for sale of you...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010
- The Man Who Invented Christmas: Exclusive Q&A with Miriam Margolyes December 13, 2017
- Ryedale School host senior citizens Christmas Party December 12, 2017
- NYMR launches major appeal following HLF award December 12, 2017
- Volunteer Job Opportunities at Citizens Advice office in Ryedale December 12, 2017
- No Dig gardening guru comes to York December 12, 2017