English Heritage has been advertising widely an event at Rievaulx Abbey called Brocken Spectre – an Evening of Light and Sound. As well as advertisements in the press, there was a leaflet drop today in Kirkbymoorside, so I think most people likely to be interested will already know about this event. But nowhere does the […]
Tag Archives | Events
Some of the finest abbey ruins in the country are only a few miles away. From October 22 to 30, English Heritage is offering a week of events celebrating these magnificent buildings. Most are free, but normal admission charges to the site apply for non-members (members admitted free). To find out more, visit www.english-heritage.org.uk/events, telephone […]
The weekend of July 30 and 31 is Medieval Weekend in the nearby village of Appleton le Moors. The village is turning back the clock for a weekend packed with demonstrations, displays, activities, talks, walks, a medieval café, baking, music, a hog roast, dressing up, the Black Knight, spinning, weaving, dyeing, felting, pottery, blacksmithing, carpentry, […]
Two treats for book lovers coming up soon in York . Joanne Harris on her new book, The Gospel of Loki Waterstone’s bookstore in Coney Street are offering an evening with Joanne Harris, who’s known to millions for her fiction including Whitbread-shortlisted Chocolat, which was made into an Oscar-nominated film starring Juliette Binoche and Johnny […]
Waterstones York invite you to join them for a delightful evening with the poplar author, Alexander McCall Smith. Alexander McCall Smith is one of the world’s most prolific and most popular authors. His career has been a varied one: for many years he was a professor of Medical Law and worked in universities in the […]
Among the treats on offer at Waterstones York store in March is an evening with Matt Haig, who will be discussing his new book, Reasons to Stay Alive. Matt Haig’s half dozen novels, the first of which was published in 2005, are often dark and quirky takes on family life. Two are possibly to be […]
Special events in April at the Sun Inn, Westgate, Pickering Wednesday 3rd – Special 60s Vinyl Night “Please Please Me”, 8 p.m. Thursday 4th – Quiz Night for Scarborough Special Care Baby Unit, 8 p.m Friday 5th – Ryedale Live Open mic + guests Rebecca and Emily, 8 p.m. Tuesday 9th – The Sun Readers Tel: […]
- Jim Rivis: One wonders at the motivations and to what extent ...
- admin: Because he owns the land and none of them had TPOs...
- Jim Rivis: Why are trees being removed if planning permission...
- Barrie @ railwayblogger: Looks like a great family day out - I only wish I ...
- D.Birch: When the contractor was removing the trees some of...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010
- Donate unwanted furniture and electricals to the BHF May 27, 2017
- New exhibition showcases famous Georgians of York May 26, 2017
- National Park walking festival this weekend May 26, 2017
- Work stops at Ravenswick Hall May 23, 2017
- Kirkbymoorside Squash Club launch new website May 23, 2017