If you’ve been to Thirsk in the last couple of years, you may have seen lots of knitting about the place – not just in shop windows, but in the trees, on the streets, over the church. It’s called “yarn bombing”, and Thirsk has a particularly active group. We picked up a leaflet from the […]
Tag Archives | Craftwork
An appeal from Christine Dixon: I am making hats, bootees, mitts and other items for babies born alive and sleeping in Scarborough hospital. As I get plenty of items for Scarborough, I will attempt to stock other hospitals and neo-natal units but I need help to get some stock together. At the moment there are […]
Work is well under way for the autumn Flower Festival in all Saints Church, Kirkbymoorside. Here are some of the volunteers in action: Wait a minute, they’re knitting, and crocheting! Yes, this is a flower festival with a difference. Here’s an example of the ‘flowers’: Organiser Carol Messham said: Our next get together for the […]
Christmas Craft Courses Every Monday in November! BOOK NOW to avoid disappointment. £12 per session. Stars and Snowflakes Glass DecorationsMonday 5th November 10.30-12.30Make your own kiln formed glass decorations with glass artist Wendy Greenwood.(Please note the decoration would need to be collected, available after 24 hours.) Mini Rag Rug WreathsMonday 12th November 10.00-12.30Make your own […]
In this film Niki Hampson founder of ‘Pulpitations’, located in Dalby Forest, describes both her business and the process of papermaking. From her studio, open year round, she makes and sells artwork as well as demonstrating the art of papermaking to visitors. She also teaches the craft to a wide range of organisations and is happy to work […]
- Bill Oldfield: Cannot believe that there is not a host of comment...
- John Dean: To Rob, On Friday afternoon I much appreciated ...
- Lee: Thanks Jean....
- Jean Richards: Thanks Lee, sorry about the delay, holidays get in...
- Suzie: Truly amazing artwork...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010
- An evening of ghost stories at York Cold War Bunker October 19, 2017
- New voyage of discovery for HM Bark Endeavour, the full-scale replica of Captain Cook’s ship October 19, 2017
- October half term at Beck Isle Museum October 17, 2017
- Ryedale pupils behind new basketball facility October 16, 2017
- Coach trips to music, with the WEA October 16, 2017