The offer of 1 hour free parking in the Town Farm Car Park has been agreed by Ryedale District Council at the request of the Town Council. The Town Council had requested that the free slot be available at any time during the day but RDC have applied the restriction to lunch time only. This […]
Tag Archives | Car Parking
If you occasionally pop over to Helmsley to shop, you’ll be pleased to hear that you can now park in the Market Place free of charge for twenty minutes. The idea was put forward by the Helmsley in Business group, and has recently been agreed by Ryedale District Council. Seven ‘Quick Stop’ places are available, […]
Parking in Kirkbymoorside continues to be a problem, so here is a reminder of the cost of parking in the town car park, if you are prepared to pay a little to avoid the hassle.
Ryedale District Council is promoting a transferrable ‘Pay And Display’ car park ticket to encourage visitors to make the most of their day’s out in Ryedale. Residents and visitors to Ryedale now have the opportunity to purchase a parking ticket in any long stay pay and display car park, which is then transferrable between all […]
For as little as £4 per week you can park for as long as you like, any day of the week, in any long stay car park in Ryedale with a long stay permit.
From Ryedale District Council: The Council is promoting a transferrable Pay and Display car park ticket to encourage visitors to make the most of their day out in Ryedale. Residents and visitors to Ryedale now have the opportunity to purchase a parking ticket in any long stay pay and display car park, which is then […]
Please note that new parking restrictions will soon be implemented in the town. These are described below. If you wish to view these as a pdf and print them off you can do so here.
North Yorkshire County Council plans to introduce restrictions on parking in the centre of Kirkbymoorside, limiting it to two hours during the day, and also prohibiting waiting in certain areas. Details do not seem to be available on line, but can be had at the library, and are pinned to a couple of posts in […]
Two good news items for drivers were announced this week. Firstly the long awaited park and ride scheme in Whitby opened today. Whitby is a favourite destination for a local day out – seaside, shopping, and fish and chips, what more could you want? – but parking is well-nigh impossible on summer weekends, so the […]
It may be a little late for this news, but if you feel like a day out tomorrow (Saturday), you could take advantage of free car parking in York all day. City of York Council has scrapped charges at 13 car parks for residents and visitors as a one-day move to help traders. The move […]
Concerns have been raised regarding the markings on the cobbles outside No. 6 High Market Place. It transpires that the decorating works undertaken at No. 6 High Market Place in June 2013 included marking the cobbled area outside the property to provide clear access to the garage. I (Town Clerk) can confirm that I have […]
In an attempt to better the parking situation in Kirkbymoorside please would you report any parking infringements to Scarborough Borough Council via email at email@example.com or telephone on 01723 232489. This applies to parking on single and double yellow lines, parking on the pavements and unauthorised cobbled areas etc, and anywhere that poses a danger to pedestrians […]
The following story was highlighted in the Gazette & Herald this week – Kirkbymoorside Town Council is to make representations to Ryedale District Council to allow library staff to be able to issue parking permits. The town council heard last week that the staff would be happy to do so – but one snag is […]
Here’s one resident’s thoughts: I must be missing something here but is there a reason why the Post Office Vans could not park in the Town End Park overnight and at weekends? With parking getting more difficult in KMS what about a half hour free parking in the Town End Park . These parks must […]
- Rosemary Pearman: Do you have any records, concerning the polio outb...
- Lee Le Clercq: I visited this artwork at the weekend. How on ea...
- Martin Watts: I think he looks rather good in the pictures altho...
- Jean Richards: Well done Bils & Rye for this new take on art ...
- admin: I'm not sure if I can be described as the 'arty-...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010
- Two local gardens open for charity July 24, 2017
- Beadlam Tractor Run raises over £100,000 for Yorkshire Air Ambulance July 24, 2017
- Vandalism strikes NYMR July 23, 2017
- Slow broadband? You are not alone July 23, 2017
- August walks with the Ramblers July 23, 2017
Kirkbymoorside on Pinterest
- 3 people arrested after cannabis plants found in property
- York teenager jailed for life for murder of Shaun Skelton - victim had 70 'horrific' wounds - attacked with kitchen knife, hammer and screwdriver
- Walk reveals hidden smuggling secrets
- 'Wonderful day out' in store at Ryedale Show
- Right royal award for girl guide Alice, 25