The August issue of the Which? consumer magazine has a short piece on broadband speeds. The government has set the recommended minimum level for downloads at 10Mbps. Not surprisingly, the slowest areas are the Orkneys and Shetlands, scoring a measly 6.3 and 8.4 Mbps respectively, while at the other end of the scale, residents of […]
Tag Archives | Broadband
Matthew from the computer shop JRA Services has been in touch regarding a problem both he and customers have been experiencing. They have lost their access to the internet completely at times – here’s his message and thoughts on what to do about it. The problem appears to be restricted to residents of Kirkbymoorside that were […]
Superfast Broadband is here! Residents will be pleased to learn that the Kirkbymoorside exchange is now accepting orders for superfast broadband. The exchange went live on the 2nd of October as part of the Superfast North Yorkshire roll out. At present the service is delivered via the standard Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) solution which […]
- Bill Oldfield: Cannot believe that there is not a host of comment...
- John Dean: To Rob, On Friday afternoon I much appreciated ...
- Lee: Thanks Jean....
- Jean Richards: Thanks Lee, sorry about the delay, holidays get in...
- Suzie: Truly amazing artwork...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010
- An evening of ghost stories at York Cold War Bunker October 19, 2017
- New voyage of discovery for HM Bark Endeavour, the full-scale replica of Captain Cook’s ship October 19, 2017
- October half term at Beck Isle Museum October 17, 2017
- Ryedale pupils behind new basketball facility October 16, 2017
- Coach trips to music, with the WEA October 16, 2017