Over the school summer holidays there are a range of family friendly events taking place at the Beck Isle Museum. Pop into the museum between 26 July and 3 September and get creative with craft activities suitable for the whole family, with a different theme each fortnight. Have a go at creating sea creatures, design […]
Tag Archives | Beck Isle Museum
2017 marks the 50th anniversary of the Beck Isle Museum of Rural Life in Pickering. The museum is housed in a grade II* listed building which was inherited by the agriculturalist William Marshall in 1816. He set about converting the building to create England’s first agricultural college, but died in 1818 before his project came […]
Beck Isle Museum in Pickering is hoping to recruit new volunteers, and invites you to go along tomorrow morning to find out more about the volunteer roles now available, have a cup of tea, and meet some of the staff and current volunteers. 2017 is the Museum’s 50th anniversary so there are plenty of events, […]
New seasons’s attractions for 2017 Beck Isle Museum will reopen on Saturday, February 18th for the 2017 season. We will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. through February and March and then switch to summer hours from April onwards, with a closing time of 5 p.m. Our volunteers are busy cleaning and updating […]
As a special gesture to mark the commemoration of the anniversary of WWI, Beck Isle Museum is offering half price entry to anyone in uniform or 1940s dress over the three days of the Pickering War Weekend. Inside the museum, we shall have on view our fantastic commemorative WWI display, covering 10 display cabinets with […]
Beck Isle’s WWI exhibitions are now virtually complete and will be finalised in the next few days. There are currently nine different areas displaying WWI information and artifacts already open to the public for viewing. There is just some fine detail and labelling along with the last cabinet to complete which will feature Dr. Murphy […]
Then the Beck Isle Museum in Pickering could really do with your help. The museum is holding a display of pre 1970’s transport from Wednesday 11th to Sunday 15th June as part of the Pickering 60s Festival. If you have a Tractor, Car, Commercial Vehicle, Land Rover or Bicycle and would like to help us […]
A special offer only for Ryedale residents visiting the Beck Isle Museum. On production of proof of residency (utility bill etc.) Ryedale residents will be admitted at half price to Beck Isle Museum throughout 2014. This offer also applies to all our special craft demonstrations and other days such as dinosaur and fossil days taking […]
The Beck Isle Museum in Pickering is offering Ryedale residents a 50 per cent discount on admission prices in a bid to encourage more local visitors. Figures have revealed that just four per cent of people visiting the local history museum live in Pickering, while eight per cent are from Ryedale. Manager Rodge Dowson said […]
Photo by Geoff King for Geograph Photographers are invited to enter a competition to highlight Ryedale’s people and places. Beck Isle Museum in Pickering has launched the competition which will run until the end of August. Manager Rodge Dowson said all images would go on display at the museum with members of the public invited […]
- Rosemary Pearman: Do you have any records, concerning the polio outb...
- Lee Le Clercq: I visited this artwork at the weekend. How on ea...
- Martin Watts: I think he looks rather good in the pictures altho...
- Jean Richards: Well done Bils & Rye for this new take on art ...
- admin: I'm not sure if I can be described as the 'arty-...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010
- Two local gardens open for charity July 24, 2017
- Beadlam Tractor Run raises over £100,000 for Yorkshire Air Ambulance July 24, 2017
- Vandalism strikes NYMR July 23, 2017
- Slow broadband? You are not alone July 23, 2017
- August walks with the Ramblers July 23, 2017
Kirkbymoorside on Pinterest
- 3 people arrested after cannabis plants found in property
- York teenager jailed for life for murder of Shaun Skelton - victim had 70 'horrific' wounds - attacked with kitchen knife, hammer and screwdriver
- Walk reveals hidden smuggling secrets
- 'Wonderful day out' in store at Ryedale Show
- Right royal award for girl guide Alice, 25