Jane Lovering, who works at the Co-op in town, is celebrating the paperback release of her twelfth romantic novel Can’t Buy Me Love, five years after her debut title was crowned ‘Romantic Novel of the Year’. Published by Choc Lit, Jane’s latest offering follows the story of heroine Willow, who after inheriting a substantial amount […]
Tag Archives | Author
A treat for fans of history documentaries on the box, BBC TV presenter and historian Janina Ramirez will be at Waterstones bookshop in York next Friday, November 27, from 1.00 pm. As a presenter, Dr Ramirez has filmed a number of documentaries for BBC Television. In 2010 she presented her debut, ‘Treasures of the Anglo-Saxons’ […]
Among the treats on offer at Waterstones York store in March is an evening with Matt Haig, who will be discussing his new book, Reasons to Stay Alive. Matt Haig’s half dozen novels, the first of which was published in 2005, are often dark and quirky takes on family life. Two are possibly to be […]
Prize winning novelist Sarah Waters will be in York soon to talk about her new novel, “The Paying Guest“. Sarah Waters has written five novels: Tipping the Velvet (1998), which won the Betty Trask Award; Affinity (1999), which won the Somerset Maugham Award, and the Sunday Times Young Writer of the Year Award; Fingersmith (2002), […]
In the wonderful Lion Inn atop the North York Moors local author Ian Johnson describes the remarkable background to his first novel ‘The Witcher Keys’. Ian, who is also a construction manager, was working on an old house that tenants had repeatedly quit complaining the house made them feel ill. Looking into what the problem […]
- Jean Richards: A good start would be to find a way of stopping st...
- Jean Richards: Agree entirely, though I fear the sort of people w...
- Neil Bye: If it gets people out on the moor enjoying the exe...
- David Brotherton: I remember comming with my family to visit my fath...
- D.Birch: Is the name for this art installation "Man with a...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010
- York Guildhall Orchestra concert, October 14 September 22, 2017
- Kirkbymoorside Wool Crafters September 22, 2017
- REMINDER – Please vote for Kirkbymoorside in Bloom September 22, 2017
- Get your apples juiced for free September 21, 2017
- October walks with Ryedale Walking Group September 21, 2017