“Third Thursday Talks” return to the delightful little Reading Roon in Appleton-le-Moors with “The Human Enquiry Project” presented by Manoj Krishna. Understanding ourselves clearly brings wisdom. Our happiness depends on it. With this clarity of understanding our relationships improve and our problems can dissolve. This wisdom allows us to cope with stress, and find a […]
Tag Archives | Appleton le Moors
Good quality, clean clothes for men, women and children, plus shoes and accessories, wanted for a ‘pop-up’ event in Appleton-le-Moors, raising money for charity. Please bring your donation, on a hanger if appropriate; rails will be provided. Items will be unpriced, but there will be buckets for donations to MacMillan, Marie Curie, Ryedale Special Families, […]
The weekend of July 30 and 31 is Medieval Weekend in the nearby village of Appleton le Moors. The village is turning back the clock for a weekend packed with demonstrations, displays, activities, talks, walks, a medieval café, baking, music, a hog roast, dressing up, the Black Knight, spinning, weaving, dyeing, felting, pottery, blacksmithing, carpentry, […]
Third Thursday Talks on Arts Creativity and Ideas, in Appleton-le-Moors continue on Thursday 19 November with Hugh Hubbard on The Infinite, Timeless, Recreating Universe. Don’t panic, read on, it’s not just for experts. Hugh Hubbard has a degree in Physics (nuclear, theoretical and astrophysics), a PhD in Chemistry and is a materials scientist at the […]
Thursday 17 September, Graham Lyons on Athiesm and Jazz. Likely to be both very entertaining and challenging! Graham is a former secretary of the Athiest society in London and is an excellent jazz improviser particularly on the clarinet and saxophone. He will be talking about Athiesm and his interest in science. He will also be […]
John Creighton is offering a new series of art classes, in his home village of Appleton-le-Moors, for aspiring artists, and anyone who wants to learn or improve. John Creighton is an established artist with recent exhibitions showing in The Mercer Art Gallery in Harrogate, The Crescent in Scarborough, The City Art Gallery in Doncaster and […]
John Creighton of Appleton le Moors is among the local artists exhibiting in North Yorkshire Open Studios on the weekends of June 6-7 and 13-14 . He writes: Why not call in at the wonderful old wood panelled Reading Room nestled at the edge of the village of Appleton-le-Moors, overlooking the glorious countryside of Ryedale […]
Yorkshire based artist Anne Thalheim inspired a group of her friends and neighbours from Appleton Le Moors to create a unique art installation in four community buildings. Their artwork celebrates the annual events, interest groups, history and crucially, the volunteers who year after year, ensure these building’s are maintained, funded and continue to provide for […]
Almost on our doorstep, at Appleton-le-Moors Village Hall, Other Lives Productions will be presenting Patrick Garland’s Brief Lives, a highly amusing one-man show which follows a day in the life of John Aubrey, the seventeenth century diarist. Old John Aubrey takes his audience by the hand and, with a twinkle in his eye, leads you […]
- keith: No it never happened, well not in daylight hours, ...
- Jim Rivis: Does anyone have any evidence that this occured or...
- Rose White: Tesco's are supposed to be selling their 'surplu...
- Lesley: If it wasn't for visitors the yearly Christmas ...
- Jean Richards: Agree entirely that littering is a problem that ne...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010
- Tourism businesses invited to gather to celebrate activities and achievements on the North York Moors Coast February 21, 2018
- Job Opportunity – Buildings and Grounds Officer, Ryedale Folk Museum February 21, 2018
- Considerable interest in Fracking debate – 8th March February 21, 2018
- Folk museum are recruiting February 19, 2018
- Leopards, Lilies, and Lineage: a talk February 19, 2018