“Third Thursday Talks” return to the delightful little Reading Roon in Appleton-le-Moors with “The Human Enquiry Project” presented by Manoj Krishna. Understanding ourselves clearly brings wisdom. Our happiness depends on it. With this clarity of understanding our relationships improve and our problems can dissolve. This wisdom allows us to cope with stress, and find a […]
Tag Archives | Appleton le Moors
Good quality, clean clothes for men, women and children, plus shoes and accessories, wanted for a ‘pop-up’ event in Appleton-le-Moors, raising money for charity. Please bring your donation, on a hanger if appropriate; rails will be provided. Items will be unpriced, but there will be buckets for donations to MacMillan, Marie Curie, Ryedale Special Families, […]
The weekend of July 30 and 31 is Medieval Weekend in the nearby village of Appleton le Moors. The village is turning back the clock for a weekend packed with demonstrations, displays, activities, talks, walks, a medieval café, baking, music, a hog roast, dressing up, the Black Knight, spinning, weaving, dyeing, felting, pottery, blacksmithing, carpentry, […]
Third Thursday Talks on Arts Creativity and Ideas, in Appleton-le-Moors continue on Thursday 19 November with Hugh Hubbard on The Infinite, Timeless, Recreating Universe. Don’t panic, read on, it’s not just for experts. Hugh Hubbard has a degree in Physics (nuclear, theoretical and astrophysics), a PhD in Chemistry and is a materials scientist at the […]
Thursday 17 September, Graham Lyons on Athiesm and Jazz. Likely to be both very entertaining and challenging! Graham is a former secretary of the Athiest society in London and is an excellent jazz improviser particularly on the clarinet and saxophone. He will be talking about Athiesm and his interest in science. He will also be […]
John Creighton is offering a new series of art classes, in his home village of Appleton-le-Moors, for aspiring artists, and anyone who wants to learn or improve. John Creighton is an established artist with recent exhibitions showing in The Mercer Art Gallery in Harrogate, The Crescent in Scarborough, The City Art Gallery in Doncaster and […]
John Creighton of Appleton le Moors is among the local artists exhibiting in North Yorkshire Open Studios on the weekends of June 6-7 and 13-14 . He writes: Why not call in at the wonderful old wood panelled Reading Room nestled at the edge of the village of Appleton-le-Moors, overlooking the glorious countryside of Ryedale […]
Yorkshire based artist Anne Thalheim inspired a group of her friends and neighbours from Appleton Le Moors to create a unique art installation in four community buildings. Their artwork celebrates the annual events, interest groups, history and crucially, the volunteers who year after year, ensure these building’s are maintained, funded and continue to provide for […]
Almost on our doorstep, at Appleton-le-Moors Village Hall, Other Lives Productions will be presenting Patrick Garland’s Brief Lives, a highly amusing one-man show which follows a day in the life of John Aubrey, the seventeenth century diarist. Old John Aubrey takes his audience by the hand and, with a twinkle in his eye, leads you […]
- Erica and Nigel Carr: Thank you very much...
- Jean Richards: I fear you are too late, but you could check with ...
- Erica and Nigel Carr: Hi, we have just purchased a tree holder, is it po...
- Jean barnes: You can have a table for your crafts or brick a br...
- Keith: Hi Adrian Wright ,do you do copies for sale of you...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010
- The Man Who Invented Christmas: Exclusive Q&A with Miriam Margolyes December 13, 2017
- Ryedale School host senior citizens Christmas Party December 12, 2017
- NYMR launches major appeal following HLF award December 12, 2017
- Volunteer Job Opportunities at Citizens Advice office in Ryedale December 12, 2017
- No Dig gardening guru comes to York December 12, 2017
Kirkbymoorside on Pinterest
- Ford Focus seen driving dangerously at Christmas lights switch-on
- Major fire closes part of A64
- Anti-fracking protester sentenced for blocking Habton Road and failing to attend court
- Hospital's tribute to 'caring' young doctor Alex Boorman
- Attacker banged woman's head against floor in 'appalling assault'