Age UK shops across Ryedale, including ours here in Kirkbymoorside, are appealing for people to declutter for the Big Bag Challenge. The charity is encouraging people to donate their unworn or unwanted clothes. A spokesman for Age UK, said: Taking part in The Big Bag Challenge couldn’t be easier, which is why we’re asking everyone […]
Tag Archives | Age UK
Lots of lovely refurbishment going on in the town at the moment. As you have probably noticed, the Moorside Store (aka the greengrocer) is closed until the end of this week, for a make-over. Over the road, the Age UK shop is also closed for a similar up-grade, re-opening on September 23. Meanwhile, the scaffolding […]
We’ve already mentioned a change of management at the Kirkbymoorside Age UK shop. Meet Matt, the new manager. Pop in and say hello, especially if you can take a few donations with you.
After no less than 17 years at the Age UK shop in Kirkbymoorside Market Place, Manager Carol Holtby has moved on to pastures new, in Helmsley. As well as being a stalwart supporter of the blog (thanks, Carol), she has been a cheerful and helpful presence in the shop, and will be sadly missed by […]
Mills and Boon readers, we know there’s a lot of you out there: Wikipedia tells us that as of 2008, 200 million Mills & Boon novels are sold globally each year and, in the UK, one paperback is sold on average every 6.6 seconds. Mills & Boon accounts for nearly three-quarters of the British romantic […]
Best-selling author Kathy Lette urges people to get reading with a new book from their local Age UK shop to celebrate National Storytelling Week To mark National Storytelling Week which kicks off on 28th January and continues until 4th February, Age UK is inviting members of the local community to pop into their Kirkbymoorside shop […]
From Carol at the Age UK shop, Kirkbymoorside: Just to let you know that our super dooper Christmas promotion this year will be on the same day as the Kirkbymoorside Christmas Market, Saturday 26th November. As usual, we have lots of Christmas pressies, gifts, cards and calendars, children’s toys, men’s and ladies’ hats, scarves and […]
- Mike: Get to view planning applications at https://www.r...
- brian H: Stop Press! Ryedale District Council have gran...
- Albert: Yes but that puts all the small and medium builder...
- chris: We should not be surprised about this. In his repo...
- admin: It's not obvious at all how to do this but you ne...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010