From the Gazette and Herald:

A fire that broke out in a house last night is believed to have been started deliberately.

Fire crews were called to the blaze in a three-storey terraced house Howe End, Kirkbymoorside, at about 9.10pm yesterday.

North Yorkshire fire service said that the fire started in the ground floor living room, which suffered fire, heat and smoke damage.

The adjacent dining room suffered fire, heat and smoke damage and the remainder of the property suffered smoke damage.

The cause of the blaze is believed to be deliberate, the fire service said.

A spokesman for the service added:

Nobody was in the premises at the time. A fire investigation officer in collaboration with a police scene of crime officer will be revisiting today.”

Firefighters used four breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets, two thermal imaging cameras, triple extension ladder, lighting and a positive pressure ventilation fan to put out the blaze.