Ancient trees in Ryedale are being catalogued in an initiative by the district council to ensure their future is secured. One of these is a magnificent ash found at the northern edge of Manor Vale Woodland. Manor Vale is a narrow, Y-shaped dry valley cut into the Jurassic strata of the Tabular Hills which form […]
A NEW site is set to be sought for the controversial bus shelter in Kirkbymoorside’s town centre after strong opposition from residents over plans to build in the heart of the historic Market Place at Chisholm’s Monument. The town council heard from protesters that they were concerned about the impact of the shelter on the […]
The buried and standing remains of a late medieval hunting lodge. Neville Castle is believed to have replaced the moated manor house on Vivier’s Hill, 500m to the south east, as the main seat of the manor of Kirbymoorside which was held by the Neville family from the beginning of C15 until 1569, when it […]
In recent years the town play area has been dramatically improved under the management of the voluntary, parent-led, Kirkbymoorside Play Areas Association. A new skate park, toddlers play area and activity trail was installed, followed by swings and a slide and, most recently, a superb climbing frame which now sits atop the site. Hopefully some […]
Some American visitors have posted their drive-through film of the town on YouTube for everyone to enjoy.
The beautiful pink climbing roses that adorn the entrance to Mike & Gloria Bowshers’ High Hall home are wonderful at this time of the year. It was not surprising to see a young Ryedale student having her picture taken in front of them earlier this week wearing her ball gown prior to leaving for her […]
WE WANT your ideas! This was the message to Kirkbymoorside residents who packed Monday night’s town council meeting, objecting to plans by the authority to convert the former county council library in Church Street into a new home for the town council. The meeting was told that estimates ranging from £155,798 to £182,362 had been […]
- France-Leigh: Thanks for helping us promote North Yorkshire Open...
- Chris Dowie: I'm sure I'm not the only person who will miss B...
- David Pearson: That's fantastic news. However I do hope that the...
- Jean Richards: If you have looked at this post before, you may ha...
- Al: As per response from Dave... Good idea and gesture...
- Does Kirkbymoorside need a supermarket? September 14, 2011
- Controversial Kirkbymoorside housing estate to go ahead despite protests September 6, 2013
- Kirkbymoorside doesn’t need a library July 8, 2015
- Kirkbymoorside Skate Park news March 29, 2012
- Memories of Kirkbymoorside Hospital August 20, 2010
- Importance of reporting crime April 23, 2017
- Dark Skies Festival’s legacy as Scarborough firm invests in pop-up planetarium April 23, 2017
- Tour de Frack 27th-28th April 2017 April 23, 2017
- Beautiful plant paintings at Yorkshire Arboretum April 23, 2017
- North Yorkshire Open Studios return April 23, 2017