A whole 11 days ahead of the event the 18th Kirkbymoorside 10k (sponsored by The Lion Inn, NSF & Kitching Walker) has sold all 500 places. This is a fantastic achievement considering the running calendar is so full of races these days and the Tour de Yorkshire decided the share the Bank Holiday weekend too.
Here’s a few stats:
- The female/male split is 43%/57%
- 53% of entrants are non-club runners
- York Knavesmire Harriers are the most represented club this year with 43 entrants
- The average age of entrants is 42 years old. But the older entrants will be almost 81 years old!
- 44 entrants are classified as local (Kirkbymoorside, Gillamoor or Fadmoor) and eligible for the local runner prizes
- Of course there’s still the 4k adult fun run for those who would like to take part then there’s the kids races:
- 400m dash for nursery to year 2
- 1 mile for years 3 to 6
- 4k teen race for years 7 to 11
On the day we have other races too:
- 400m dash for nursery to school year 2 children – sponsored by North Yorkshire Great Wall
- 1m multi-terrain race for school year 3 to 6 children – sponsored by the Rotary Club of Helmsley & District
- 4k road race for school years 7 to 11 – sponsored by Towler’s Chemist
- 4k adult fun run
Entry for the all the additional races can be done on the day, but you can enter the 4k fun run and teen race through the website – www.kirkbymoorside10k.co.uk
Water for this years event is kindly supplied by Kirkbymoorside Co-Op Food Store. Without our sponsors this event would not be possible so thanks go them; Ryedale Burner Services Ltd, Bils and Rye, Moorside 4×4, W Bumby & Son, Kirkby News, and Pete Collier Garden & Outside Maintenance and Nigel’s private hire.