Here’s a few ideas of where you can try a new skill and make your own unique gifts:
- Make your own personalised handprinted card bunting, gift tags, wrapping paper with Hannah Turlington, Lino print artist.
- Sharon Cawte, Rosebud of Ryedale runs workshops and one to one sessions for crochet or knitting.
- Stephen Jennesson, Woodturner runs a one day introduction to woodturning course.
- Adrian Wilford, “the honey man” provides introductory courses to beekeeping for the Ryedale Beekeepers Association.
- David Stephenson is an experienced teacher and organises regular blacksmithing courses at his forge in Lockton in the North York Moors National Park from beginners to advanced level.
- Butterflies Chocolate run workshops, tastings and talks.
- Pearl Loves Paisley, textile artist, regularly runs courses on all aspects of textile art at Ebberston Studios and Lund Studios.
- Janet Fraser Stained Glass runs workshops through the year including Christmas decorations and also offers gift vouchers.
Where to find out more? All these craftspeople will have stalls at Hovingham Village Market next Saturday, November 4. And some of the stallholders will offer one off experiences too. Just ask!