New grants have been launched with the aim of helping North Yorkshire businesses (excluding York) take full advantage of digital technologies to boost competitiveness and help them grow.
The aptly named Digital Advantage Project will encourage business growth through enhanced use of technology, with examples ranging from improved websites to ensuring integration of new digital ways of working in manufacturing.
The project has been devised to help businesses make the best use of all things digital and small and medium sized businesses (excluding retail) are being encouraged to apply for the grant which provides 40% of the overall project costs. The remaining 60% must be contributed by the business.
The minimum grant of £1,000 and maximum of £5,000 has to fund consultancy support that helps a business adopt new technologies. The project may lead, for example, to increased website function or may speed up internal processes to enable flexible ways of working and ultimately transform how the business operates.
For more information about grant eligibility and how the process works please email Digitaladvantage@cueltd.co.uk. Workshops around digital and mobile technologies including web optimisation, creating web content, cyber security, social media, and e-commerce will take place from September.
The £1.6 million project being delivered by Coventry University Scarborough is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), with Coventry University providing match-funding and is aligned to the YNYER LEP priority sectors.